How do I create a pick from a drop-down list in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
What does the pick from the drop-down list do in Excel?
The “Pick from drop-down list” feature generates a drop-down list on the fly, based on values on the adjacent cells in the same column. In the following example, we see a drop-down with values in the column C. The best part about this feature is that Excel can recognize the title and exclude it from the list selection.
How do I extract data from a drop-down list?
Extract Data from Drop Down List Selection in Excel
- Create a Unique list of items.
- Add a drop-down filter to display these unique items.
- Use helper columns to extract the records for the selected item.
How do you insert a drop-down list in sheets?
Create a drop-down list
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select the cell or cells where you want to create a drop-down list.
- Click Data.
- Next to “Criteria,” choose an option:
- The cells will have a Down arrow.
- If you enter data in a cell that doesn’t match an item on the list, you’ll see a warning.
- Click Save.
How do you edit a drop-down list in Excel?
Edit a drop-down list with items that have been entered manually
- On the worksheet where you applied the drop-down list, select a cell that has the drop-down list.
- Go to Data > Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then change your list items as needed.
How do I filter a drop down list in Excel with keyboard?
To use this shortcut:
- Select a cell in the header row. The cell must contain the filter drop down icon.
- Press and hold the Alt key, then press the Down Arrow key on the keyboard to open the filter menu.
How do you color code a drop down list in Google Sheets?
How Do You Color Code A Drop Down List In Google Sheets?
- Highlight the dropdown list cells you want to color code;
- Select “Conditional Formatting”;
- Conditional Formatting had two interfaces, “Single Color” and “Color Scale”.
- The next option is “Format cell if…”.
How do I create a Red Amber Green drop down in Excel?
Select Format > Fill option. Select the Red colour and click OK. Repeat the process for all the options like Green and Blue and your list will be shown like in below snapshot. Drop down list and Conditional formatting tools are very useful in Excel 2016, to view your data in a particular format manner.
How do you add color to data validation?
How to Make Colors Change With Validation in Excel
- Highlight the cells that you want to validate.
- Click “Home” in the menu bar.
- Click “Conditional Formatting” in the ribbon’s Style tab.
- Click “Highlight Cell Rules,” which is the first of the menu’s options.