How do I log into my BT Home Hub router?
How to open the Hub Manager
- Open a new web browser.
- Type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar.
- This will open the Hub Manager.
- If you want to make any changes to the hub settings, you’ll need the admin password. You’ll find it on the back of the Hub if you haven’t updated it.
What is the admin password for BT Home Hub?
The default password is admin (all lower case). This takes you to the BT Mobile Hotspot admin console. Please note: If you change any of the passwords and then forget them, we’ll no longer be able to tell you what they are.
How do I reset my BT Home Hub password?
You can change the wi-fi password via the My BT app.
- Open the My BT app and select Home Network.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network settings.
- Select Change wi-fi password.
- Enter the current wi-fi password.
- Enter and confirm the new wi-fi password.
How do I access my BT router remotely?
Re: Remote access to hub (WAN access)
- set port forwarding on the router to forward port 21 (standard ftp) to the local IP of the pc on your network.
- make sure the firewall on the local pc will accept FTP traffic.
- install an FTP server on the local pc.
- create a user account using the FTP server software.
How do I find my BT Home Hub Wi-Fi password?
The admin password is on the Hub settings card on the back of the Hub. The admin password is on the Hub settings card on the back of the Hub. The admin password is the Hub settings card on the back of the Hub, or on the label on the base. The admin password on the Hub settings card or on the label on the base.
How do I find my BT Home Hub WiFi password?
How do I know which BT Home Hub I have?
How do you know which you’ve got? It’s almost impossible to tell just by looking at them, as they’re cosmetically identical. The black box in the top left-hand corner of the sticker will reveal which generation of the Home Hub you have.
How do I find my BT Home Hub WIFI password?
How do I reset my BT Home Hub?
- Find the recessed “Factory Reset” pinhole button on the back of your Hub.
- Using a paper clip or similar press the button and hold for 20 seconds. Your Hub lights will go out and your Hub will restart.
- Wait a few minutes for the Hub lights to settle. The central Power light will go blue when the Hub is ready to use.
Can I access my BT Home Hub remotely?
You can connect to the Hub remotely – To do this, you’ll need to sign up to DynDNS and create an account. On the Home Hub, go to Advanced, then select ‘Dynamic DNS’ and enter the account details for your DynDNS account. From another PC, you can enter the address provided by DynDNS to connect to the Hub remotely.
How do I use BT access controls?
How do I use BT access controls (Wi-Fi Controls)?
- Open a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click BT access control.
- Enter the admin password.
- Select the device you want to apply access controls to and click Set.
- Choose the start time and click Set.
Where do I find the admin password for BT Home Hub?
To make changes to your Home Hub settings, you’ll need to enter an admin password, and for older Home Hubs, a username as well (the default username is ‘admin’ – lowercase) Home Hub v2: The default password for Home Hub V2 units is printed on a sticker on the back of the Home Hub, labeled “Admin password”
How to bypass port forwarding on BT Home Hub V2?
On Hub v2, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Application Sharing > Firewall. When set to “Disabled”, all ports will be open (bypassing Port Forwarding). If you still can’t connect to you application externally, then you know it’s not a Port Forwarding issue.
What do you need to know about the BT Home Hub?
In a nutshell, here’s what the BT Home Hub is: A Broadband router: Allowing high-speed Broadband Advice connection to the Internet from home computers, laptops, mobile phones and games consoles (such as the Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox or Sony’s PS2 / PS3). A Wi-fi access point: Supporting the connection of equipment that has wireless capability.
What is Port 5001 on BT Home Hub?
For this example, we’re going to assume that you want to open up port 5001 for use with an application (Port 5001 happens to be the port address for the Slingbox Remote TV service ). There are two types of BT Home Hub, Version 1.x and Version 2. As the instructions differ slightly, we have two sets of instructions.