How do you coach kids softball?
Softball Coaching Tips for Your First Practice
- PRE-PRACTICE BUILDUP. Before you even get to the softball diamond for your first day, there are a few things to take care of.
- WHAT TO BRING.
- GET IN TOUCH WITH PARENTS.
- MEETING YOUR TEAM.
- LAY OUT THE RULES.
- STARTING PRACTICE.
- DRILL WORK.
- WRAPPING UP PRACTICE.
How do you prepare for a softball tournament?
5 Tips to Prepare for the Big Game
- Fuel your body the night before. Whole grain pasta is a great source of energy.
- Rehearse game scenarios. Know what to do in certain situations and where the ball should go.
- Visualize a great at bat.
- Know your opponent.
- Have fun and be confident.
How do you become a good softball coach?
To be a good softball coach, you must earn the trust of all the players by being fair, honest, and challenging. Teach the players how to work together on and off the field. Be encouraging and listen to the players’ concerns. And most importantly, ensure the game is still fun and not just about winning.
What is the hardest position to play in softball?
The shortstop has many responsibilities, including catching and fielding, and are very versatile and agile players. This is perhaps the most difficult position on the field. The remaining base is reserved for the third baseman. This area is the corner diagonally opposite the first base.
What should I do the night before a big tournament?
The night before the big game is all about resting up….
- Eat a big, carb-filled breakfast to fuel the day, and pack healthy lunches and snacks for the tournament.
- Arrive early: It’s best to get to the tournament 30 minutes to one hour before the tournament starts.
What should I eat before a softball tournament?
What to eat before a tournament
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Pretzels or whole grain crackers with nut butter.
- Fresh fruit and beef or turkey jerky.
- Chocolate milk or Greek yogurt cups.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
What is the easiest position to play in softball?
What is the easiest position in softball? Right field, because young players don’t hit the ball very far in the air, and because 80% of athletes are right handed, fewer hard-hit fly balls will go to the opposite field (right field for a right-handed hitter).