What are the 10 herbs and spices?
10 herbs and spices for a well-stocked spice drawer
- Black peppercorns. Pepper is a spice that’s familiar to everyone.
- Ground cinnamon. A warm spice packed with antioxidants, cinnamon adds a touch of sweetness to dishes.
- Chili powder.
- Hot-red-chili flakes.
- Ground ginger.
- Smoked paprika.
What are the 5 herbs and spices?
5 Potent Herbs and Spices to Add to Your Pantry
- Turmeric. Found in curry powder and on its own, this spice has great anti-inflammatory effects and is also a strong antioxidant.
- Cumin. Cumin is probably my favourite smell of all time.
What are examples of herbs and spices?
An herb is the green, leafy part of the plant. Examples are basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley, and oregano. A spice can come from the root, stem, seed, fruit, flower or bark of the tree or plant. Examples are cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, star anise, and tumeric.
What is the easiest herb to grow?
Easy herbs to grow
- Sage. Sage is used primarily in poultry dishes and stuffing, making it a mainstay for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
What spices are mentioned in the Bible?
A collection of spices in the Bible and their uses
- Capers. Capers in a bowl. Photo: @Brienne.
- Coriander. Coriander/cilantro. Photo: @TheSaltyGoat.
- Cumin. Cumin seeds.
- Bitter herbs. Lettuce (L) and horehound.
- Garlic. Garlic.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon.
- Syrian hyssop. Hyssop.
- Leeks, onions, and chives. Leeks, onions and chives.
What are the hardest herbs to grow?
The 10 hardest herbs to keep alive
- Lavender (10,410 monthly searches)
- Basil (9,620)
- Rosemary (4,040)
- Coriander (2,770)
- Mint (2,600)
- Dill (1,640)
- Parsley (970)
- Oregano (730)