What does abraded mean?
transitive verb. 1a : to rub or wear away especially by friction : erode. b : to irritate or roughen by rubbing. 2 : to wear down in spirit : irritate, weary. intransitive verb.
How do you use abrade in a sentence?
1. Much of the skin on her arm was abraded. 2. My skin was abraded and very tender.
How do you use abrasive in a sentence?
Abrasive in a Sentence 🔉
- Because of Kurt’s abrasive personality, most people try to avoid him at work.
- The clerk was so abrasive to me I walked out the store without making a purchase.
- After speaking with the abrasive doctor, I decided to look for a friendlier physician.
What is a sentence for abridge?
1. It was abridged from the original work. 2. The book was abridged for children.
What does lightly abraded mean?
verb. [with object] Scrape or wear away by friction or erosion. ‘it was a landscape slowly abraded by a fine, stinging dust’
What is Wearaway?
: to gradually disappear or to cause (something) to gradually disappear or become thinner, smaller, etc., because of use The paint on the sign had worn away. Even a trickle of water will eventually wear rock away.
What does abraded skin mean?
An abrasion is a type of open wound that’s caused by the skin rubbing against a rough surface. It may be called a scrape or a graze. When an abrasion is caused by the skin sliding across hard ground, it may be called road rash. Abrasions are very common injuries. They can range from mild to severe.
What is Chaffe?
English Language Learners Definition of chafe : to become irritated or annoyed : to feel impatient. : to cause soreness or damage by rubbing against something (such as your skin) : to become sore or damaged from rubbing.
What is abrasive and examples?
The hardest abrasive material present in nature is the diamond. There are also other materials of both natural and synthetic origin, such as silicon carbide, corundum and zirconium. Examples are abrasive paper sheets (also known as sandpaper), abrasive strips and more.
What is abrasive personality?
An abrasive person is someone with harsh, cold, and direct behavior. This behavior pattern reflects in how the individual interacts with people around him/her. People with abrasive personalities are mostly termed unfriendly, egoistic, harsh, and aggressive. Generally, there are two types of abrasive personality.
What does abridging mean in English?
1 : to shorten by omission of words without sacrifice of sense : condense abridge a novel an abridged dictionary. 2 : to shorten in duration or extent Tess wished to abridge her visit as much as possible …—
How do you write abridged sentences?
Abridged sentence example
- He abridged his Dictionary.
- This work was abridged by Bleek for his college lectures, and was published in that condensed form in 1868.
- The very period of sleep, so necessary for the young, is too often abridged .
- You can purchase an abridged version of Amor Real on DVD.