What is Smart Array P410i?
Description : The Hp Smart Array P410i Is Hps Pci Express (pcie) 2.0 Serial Attached Scsi (sas) Raid Controller. The Low Profile, Half Height Card Has 8 Ports And Utilizes Ddr2-800 Memory.
What is HP Smart Array controller?
The Smart Array 642 Controller (SA-642) is a 64-bit, 133-MHz PCI-X, dual channel, SCSI array controller for entry-level hardware- based fault tolerance. Utilizing both SCSI channels of the SA-642 allows you to configure up to 6 internal and 14 external hard drives to store up to 6 TB of storage.
What is HP Smart Array P420i controller?
The HPE Smart Array P420i Controller is a low profile, 6 Gb/s, PCIe 3.0, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller that provides enterprise class, storage performance and data protection for select HPE ProLiant Gen8 rack servers and tower servers.
How do I enable HP Smart Array?
- Reboot the server and when prompted, press F9 to access the UEFI System Utilities.
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration(RBSU) > Server Security > Intelligent Provisioning (F10 Prompt) and press Enter.
- Select Enabled.
- Save changes.
What does RAID controller do?
A RAID controller is a hardware device or software program used to manage hard disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs) in a computer or storage array so they work as a logical unit.
How do I create a raid on my HP server?
- Start or restart the HP server.
- At boot time, press F8 to enter the Integrated Lights-Out 2 setup.
- Provide credentials at the login prompt.
- Press Ctrl+S to open the Intel Boot Agent Setup Menu.
- Press F8 to open the ROM Array Configuration menu.
- From the Main Menu, select Create Logical Drive and press Enter.
What is the purpose of Smart Array controller?
The Smart Array controller creates the logical drive, initializing the parity whenever the controller is not busy. While the controller creates the logical drive, you can access the storage volume which has full fault tolerance.
What are the possible reasons to use the iLO service port?
The iLO service port can be used for:
- Downloading the Active Health System Log to a supported USB flash drive.
- Connecting a client (such as a laptop) with a supported USB to a Ethernet adapter in order to access the iLO web interface, remote console, CLI, iLO RESTful API, or scripts.
What is cache module in HP server?
HP/HPE Smart Array RAID controllers provide a battery-backed cache to e.g. temporarily store data before transferring them to disks. The cache is DRAM, thus it’s a lot faster than typical disk drives, and this speeds up e.g. write operations.
What is the maximum logical drives supported on p420 controller when it is operating in ZMR?
|Logical drives supported||Zero memory for embedded controller supports up to 2 logical volumes 512MB cache and greater controllers support up to 64 logical volumes|
|Host memory addressing||64-bit (Supporting greater than 4GB server memory space)|
How do I turn off Smart Array on HP?
Press F9 during POST to enter “System Utilities” then select System Configuration > BIOS /Platform Configuration (RBSU) > PCI Device Enable/Disable > Embedded SATA Controller #1 : Dynamic Smart Array B140i 8 port > Press Enter, and select disable.
How do I enable logical drive in HP Array?
Logical Drive can be re-enabled in following ways: 1. Boot Server with SmartStart CD, open ACU, and re-enable logical drive. 2. Get into BIOS while booting the server, choose the Logical Drive and press F1 to re-enable the logical drive.