Why is there no sound when I plug in my HDMI cable?
Make sure the volume is turned up. You also may need to go into the set-top box menu and select HDMI in the Audio Settings or Audio Coding section to pass the audio to the TV. You may need an update to your set-top box firmware, or a newer set-top box from your service provider.
How do I get sound through HDMI on Samsung TV?
Open Menu> Sound> Speaker List. Select Receiver (HDMI) from the list. Open Menu> Sound> Speaker Settings. Set the TV sound output to the receiver.
How do I enable HDMI audio?
- Right-click the volume icon in the system tray.
- Click “Playback Devices”
- Find your HDMI Output device, and either right-click it and select Enable, or open Properties and set “Device Usage” to “Use this device (Enable)”
Why is my Samsung not playing media sound?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: Tap Sounds and vibration.
How do I get sound on my TV through HDMI?
Option 1: HDMI connection using the ARC feature
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI ports labeled ARC or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC.
- On your TV menu, set Speakers to Audio system.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on your TV, and the A/V receiver or home theater system.
Do all HDMI cables support audio?
Yes, all HDMI cables have the video and audio signals directly transported. You cannot have one without the other, so the HDMI cable is almost never the issue when you have just one of the two. If you’re having an issue with the sound, check the settings directly on your source.
Does Samsung Smart TV have audio out?
There is no doubt that Samsung smart televisions are among the best out there on the market. And while they boast great audio output, most of us would always want to make it even better, by perhaps connecting their Samsung smart TV to an external sound system such as a home theater.
How do I get my TV to play sound through mirroring?
Touch and hold the group of controls in the upper-right corner, then tap AirPlay . Tap each speaker or TV that you want to play the current audio to.
Why can’t I hear the sound on my TV?
Increase the volume on the TV and/or your connected media device (streaming player, Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, etc.). Check the audio settings on your TV and connected devices. Turn off and unplug your TV and connected devices. Inspect the TV cables and ports, then check the ones on your devices as well.
Why is there no sound when I play videos?
Check and make sure that your device speakers are not muted or at the lowest volume setting. It is one of the common problems behind the sound issue. Also, check the configuration settings of your device speakers. Also, ensure that the speaker icon in the browser tab playing the video is not muted.
How do I get the sound back on my Samsung tablet?
3. Check audio settings
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Sound & Vibrations.
- Tap Volume.
- To adjust the volume level, drag the slider left or right.
- Check the volume for all the options available i.e., Ringtone, Media, Notifications, System.
- Go back to the settings menu.
How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
Option 2: Connection using an HDMI, Coaxial Digital, Optical Digital, or Audio cable
- Connect a Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio cable to the Audio Output jack on your TV.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding jacks on the A/V receiver or home theater system.
- Turn on your TV.