How do I become a certified tour guide in Malaysia?
1. What is the process for becoming a tourist guide?
- Contact a tourism training institution registered with the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia.
- Attend and pass the 4 to 6-month Basic Tourist Guide Course.
- Sit for the written and practical examinations conducted by the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia.
How many tourist guides are there in Malaysia?
There are 16 local guides in Kuala-Lumpur-Malaysia.
How do I become a registered tourist guide?
To become an approved guide, you have to pass entrance exams. The Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management conducts guide training on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism. They advertise in the papers once in 2 years or so. You have to apply once the ad appears.
How do I become a local tour guide?
Become a Local Guide
- Create your own tour. Where is that cool place that visitors don’t know about your city?
- Receive bookings. Once your account & tour profile is approved and goes live, you’ll soon receive confirmed bookings for your tour direct to your email.
- Meet your guests.
What is the salary of a tour guide?
Tour Guide Salary
|25th Percentile Tour Guide Salary||$26,590||US|
|50th Percentile Tour Guide Salary||$32,327||US|
|75th Percentile Tour Guide Salary||$37,188||US|
|90th Percentile Tour Guide Salary||$41,615||US|
What course should I take if I want to be a tour guide?
Required academic backgrounds vary by company, but often a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the subject of the tour is necessary. Museum tour guides, for instance, usually have a degree in history and eco-tour guides often major in conservation or environmental education.
What is the best month to visit Kuala Lumpur?
Located in proximity to the equator, the weather remains hot, and it rains almost throughout the year in Kuala Lumpur; however, May to July remains the best time to visit Kuala Lumpur as the area remains relatively dry during these months, the skies are bluer than ever!
Is a tour guide a good job?
The path on how to become a Tour Guide and its workloads may be a bit challenging, but being a Tour Guide is a really great job. You get to go to places either you’ve always loved going to on vacation or have never been before.
What is the starting salary of a tour guide?
Pay Scale/Salary of Tourist Guide
|Profile||Starting Salary per annum (in INR)||Mid Level Salary per annum (in INR)|
Are tour guides worth it?
We’ve always found it to be a great experience and the best way to really dig in to a new city or country. If you are willing to make a new friend on your travels and trust them to make your time together special, then you’ll likely find that hiring a guide is completely worth the money.