How many people died at Peace Rock?
Peace Rock really is a fun place to go, but aside from the how high the rock is it doesn’t really show you how dangerous of a place it is. It also doesn’t tell you how many people die there each year. Just last week, two people drowned; one on Sunday, and one the following Monday.
Can you swim at Peace Rock?
“There is no prohibition against swimming in the river or jumping off the rock,” McEllroy said. “It simply is not illegal.” He also said that there weren’t any “No Trespassing” signs posted at the entrance to the rock.
What is Peace Rock?
Using non-toxic paints, images, words, and messages of peace are painted on rocks gathered from the local beaches and rivers.
Where is Peace Rock cliff jumping?
Pennsylvania state police say they will begin issuing tickets to swimmers and jumpers who test the waters near Peace Rock, a popular but illegal swimming and cliff-diving spot on the Schuylkill, about an hour and a half northwest of Philly in Hamburg, Pa.
Where is peace Rock PA?
For some who haven’t been, visiting “The Rock” or “Peace Rock” in Tilden Township is a tempting proposition, but the off-the-map landmark on the border between Berks and Schuylkill counties is off-limits to the public, and has been for years. “You can see it from Route 61. It’s out in the open, easy to see.
How high is the rock in Hamburg PA?
Those cited were from Reading, Allentown, Orwigsburg and Whitehall, Lehigh County, police said. Names were not provided. The Rock, also known as Peace Rock because of its painted peace symbol, is a 40-foot-high outcropping over the river between Port Clinton and Hamburg, upstream from the Kernsville Dam.
What is in Hamburg PA?
Hamburg Area Attractions
- Art and Craft Gallery of Hamburg. 320 State Street.
- Blue Rocks. Blue Rocks Road.
- Cabela’s. 100 Cabela Drive.
- Covered Bridge Tour. (610) 375-4085.
- Crystal Cave. 963 Crystal Cave Road.
- Dixon’s Muzzleloading Shop, Inc. 9952 Kunkels Mill Road.
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. 3830 Dorney Park Road.
What is there to do in Shartlesville PA?
Best Things To Do near Shartlesville, PA 19506
- Blue Marsh Outdoors. 8.2 mi.
- Stoudt’s Winery. 0.3 mi.
- Blue Mountain Family Restaurant. 0.5 mi.
- Chadds Ford Historical Society. 51.7 mi.
- Super Game Trailer. 26.6 mi.
- Action Jackson Sports Tours. 39.7 mi.
- Chamberlain Canoes. 60.9 mi.
- Heaventalks. 26.0 mi.
What is around Cabela’s?
Things to Do near Cabela’s
- Gift & Specialty Shops. Russell Stover Chocolates.
- Bridges. Suspension Bridge.
- Specialty Museums. The Kruger Street Toy & Train Museum.
- Zoos. Oglebay Good Zoo.
- Shooting Ranges. Washington County Machine Guns.
- Playgrounds. Oglebay Park.
- Gift & Specialty Shops. Cherokee Gift Shop and Boot Outlet.
- Art Museums.
What is there to do in Triadelphia?
The top attractions to visit in Triadelphia are:
- Ye Olde Traders,Inc.
- Russell Stover Chocolates.
- Cherokee Gift Shop and Boot Outlet.
- Highlands Sports Complex.
What county is Seisholtzville PA?
Berks County, Pennsylvania
Seisholtzville is a village located mainly in Hereford Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, but also in Longswamp Township. It is located on the crest of South Mountain and the Perkiomen Creek begins here. It uses the Macungie zip code of 18062.