What are the examples of positive question tag?
Examples of Positive question tag:
- You aren’t busy, are you?
- He can’t drive, can he?
- Mohit doesn’t work hard, does he?
- They haven’t come yet, have they?
What is a question tag question?
A tag question is a small question that is attached , or “tagged”, to the end of a sentence. Rather than repeat the main verb, a form of “be” or other auxiliary verb or modal is used in the tag.
How do you put a tag question in a sentence?
A rule for adding question tags is that a negative question tag will always have a positive statement and vice versa. A question tag is framed using the auxiliary verb with the subject in the sentence, if there is no auxiliary verb in the given sentence, then ‘do/does, have’ etc. are used.
What are some positive questions?
Here are a couple of examples:
- Looking back at the last year, what could we be proud of?
- What has been good lately? What could be seen as a positive point?
- What progress has been achieved?
- What can we learn from this?
- What would you like to achieve?
- What would be the best thing we could do now?
How many types of question tag are there?
Question tags turn statements into yes-no questions. There are two types.
What is a tag question example?
Tag questions have the same subject and helping verb as the sentence they follow. For example: It’s nice, isn’t it? Moby doesn’t play the piano, does he? When the sentence is positive, the tag question is negative and when the sentence is negative, the tag question is positive.
What is the question tag for won t?
won’t is the contracted form of will not. the tag repeats the auxiliary verb, not the main verb. Except, of course, for the verb be in Present Simple and Past Simple.
What is the question tag of shut up?
Shut up, can’t you / can you / will you?
What is the question tag for open the door?
question tag. By adding the tag to the imperative, open the door, you are softening the instruction and turning it into a request. Without it, it would sound very much like a command, so the tag has a similar effect to the addition of please. …will you/won’t you?
What are some deep thought questions?
365 Deep & Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself (& Others)
- When was the last time you tried something new?
- Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
- What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?
- What gets you excited about life?
- What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
What are some deep personal questions?
100 Deep Questions to Ask Yourself
- Do I like who I am right now?
- When was the last time I laughed so hard?
- What would I truly regret not doing if I died tonight?
- What advice has someone in my family given, and that I have taken just in time?
- What were the top three lessons I learned the hard way?