Where should I go for a weekend in Sydney?
9 Top-Rated Weekend Getaways from Sydney
- The Blue Mountains. The Three Sisters, Blue Mountains.
- Jervis Bay and the South Coast. Hyams Beach.
- Port Macquarie. Flynn’s Beach.
- The Hunter Valley. A horse in the Upper Hunter Valley.
- Port Stephens. View from Tomaree Head.
- Canberra. New Parliament House.
- Kangaroo Valley.
- The Snowy Mountains.
Where can I go 2 hours in Sydney?
But i guess now with the road systems we have(apart from tolls and congestion)most places are well within 2-2 1/2 hours drive. Central Coast,Newcastle,Port Stephens,Hunter Valley to the north. Katoomba,Lithgow,Bathurst to the west. Kiama,Jervis Bay,Kangaroo Valley,Bowral,etc to the south and southwest.
Where should I go for a weekend getaway in NSW?
Best Weekend Getaways From Sydney, NSW
- Ocean Farm, Gerringong.
- Bannisters Port Stephens.
- Crystalbrook Byron, Byron Bay.
- Powerhouse Hotel Tamworth, New England.
- Barranca Kangaroo Valley, Barrengarry.
- Crystalbrook Kingsley, Newcastle.
- Zoofari Lodge at Taronga Western Plains, Dubbo.
- The Convent, Hunter Valley.
Where can I go 3 hours in Sydney?
5 weekend getaways 3 hours or less from Sydney
- Port Stephens, North Coast. Almost three hours drive from Sydney you’ll find Port Stephens, the perfect spot for swapping the city for a relaxing beach getaway.
- Kiama, South Coast.
- Pokolbin, Hunter Valley.
- Katoomba, Blue Mountains.
- Terrigal, Central Coast.
Where should I go for 2 day vacation?
Luckily, Sydney and New South Wales have lots of options for awesome weekend getaway destinations, and some of them don’t even require a lot of driving….>> Beautiful day trips from Sydney.
- Byron Bay.
- Coffs Harbour and Waterfall Way.
- Port Macquarie.
- Hunter Valley.
- Port Stephens.
- Avoca Beach.
How can I spend my weekend in Sydney?
Best things to do for a weekend in Sydney
- Bondi beach.
- Bondi to Coogee coastal walk.
- Bills Surrey Hills. Photo from their website.
- The Sydney Opera House.
- Opera Bar.
- Blue Mountains Three Sisters.
- Feeding kangaroos at Featherdale Wildlife Park.
Where can I go for a road trip in Sydney?
10 Scenic Drives from Sydney
- Places to Visit Near Sydney by Car – Sydney’s best scenic drives.
- Day Trips 1 hour from Sydney. Royal National Park. Cottage Point and Church Point. Wilberforce and Windsor. Wisemans Ferry and St Albans.
- Day trips from Sydney that take a little longer. Berry. Berrima and Bowral. Bilpin.
Is it safe in Sydney at night?
Some of the safest areas in Sydney include City Center, City South (except for George Street and Belmore Park, both of which can be dangerous at night), East Sydney, and Bondi, as well as the suburbs of Lavender Bay, Bankstown, Baulkham Hills, Hawkesbury, Holroyd, the Inner West, and the Northern Beaches, among others.
Where is a good weekend getaway?
We have shortlisted 16 beautiful weekend getaway destinations in New South Wales, all within driving distance from Sydney….Top 16 Sydney Weekend Escapes:
|1||Byron Bay||Northern Rivers|
|2||Coffs Harbour and Waterfall Way||Mid North Coast|
|3||Port Macquarie||Mid North Coast|
|4||Hunter Valley||Hunter Region|
What can I do in Sydney for 3 days?
Sydney Opera House at Sunrise.
How do I spend a Sunday in Sydney?
Best things to do for a weekend in Sydney
- Bondi. Bondi beach.
- Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk. Bondi to Coogee coastal walk.
- Royal Botanic Garden.
- Go on a whale watching tour.
- When in Rome… Enjoy the coffee culture.
- Manly to Spit Bridge Coastal Walk.
- The Opera House.
Where can I take a roadtrip?
Top 10 Best Road Trip Destinations in the USA
- Pacific Coast Highway – California.
- Going-to-the-Sun Road – Montana.
- Blue Ridge Parkway – Virginia.
- Olympic Peninsula – Washington.
- Brandywine Valley – Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- Cape Cod – Massachusetts.
- Historic Columbia River Highway – Oregon.
- Red Rock Country – Arizona.
Where to go for a weekend getaway in Sydney?
When it comes to weekend getaways Sydney siders who love their wine know the Hunter Valley well. With more cellar doors than any other Australian wine region, the Hunter Valley is best known for its Semillon, Chardonnay and Shiraz, and is home to some of the oldest vine stock in the world, with some vineyards dating back to the 1820s.
Which is the best holiday package for Sydney?
Whether you’re kicking off an urban walkabout to find yourself among the shops and cafes at The Rocks or bringing the family along for a brilliant beach holiday, book one of our Sydney holiday packages and get ready to soak up the sun and fill up on international eats.
When to take a short break from Sydney?
Friday night traffic is manic as the residents of the harbour city exit en masse in search of their own perfect Sydney weekend getaways. To make the most of our short breaks from Sydney we keep the driving time to within 4 hours and try knock off a little early on a Friday afternoon to beat the worst of the traffic.
Where to go on a road trip from Sydney?
Less than 2 hours from Sydney by road, the Blue Mountains offer the perfect destination for a much-needed road trip. Rainforests, waterfalls, dramatic views and abundant wildlife await you at this World Heritage Site.