What happens in Corpus Christi?
Feast of Corpus Christi, also called Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, festival of the Roman Catholic Church in honour of the real presence of the body (corpus) of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
What is there to do in Corpus Christi tonight?
Top Attractions in Corpus Christi
- USS Lexington Museum on the Bay. 3,377. Military Museums • History Museums.
- Texas State Aquarium. 2,502. Aquariums.
- Padre Island National Seashore. 1,870.
- Malaquite Beach. 483.
- Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge. 517.
- Whataburger Field. 295.
- Whitecap Beach. 105.
- Corpus Christi Downtown Seawall. 148.
What is there to do in Corpus Christi this week?
Things to do in Corpus Christi this weekend
- La Palmera presents Dia de los Muertos Fiesta.
- Corpus Christi Cathedral Rummage Sale.
- SAXET Gun Show at RMB fairgrounds.
- Valero Spook-tacular STEM Day at Museum of Science and History.
- Portland FUMC Pumpkin Carving Bash.
- CC Movie Nights at Whataburger Field.
What is there to do in Corpus Christi in July?
Free Things to do in July 2019
- 3rd Annual Corpus Christi Camera Fest.
- Downtown Farmer’s Market.
- Bay Jammin’ Concert & Cinema Series.
- Family Art Time at Art Center of Corpus Christi.
- Mayor’s 4th of July Big Bang Celebration.
- Jazz Night at The Gold Fish.
- Mesquite Street Comedy Club Open Mic Night.
- First Friday ArtWalk.
Is it safe to swim in Corpus Christi Beach?
UPDATE: Levels of fecal bacteria in Corpus Christi beaches are now considered safe. As of Saturday, the Texas Beach Watch site shows low to medium risk of fecal bacteria in local waters and beaches. Officials indicate low to medium risk is considered safe.
What is Corpus Christi known for?
Due to high windspeeds, Corpus Christi is one of the best cities in North America for kiteboarding, wind surfing, kite flying and sailing. The city has even hosted the Windsurfing World Championships. It has also drawn the interest of the wind energy industry, which is proving to be somewhat controversial.
Are the beaches nice in Corpus Christi?
As one of Texas’ most beloved Gulf Coast cities, there are plenty of beautiful beaches in Corpus Christi to enjoy. There are so many great spots near the bay that can entertain a variety of interests. Some places have horseback riding, some are secluded and private, some are great for families.
Why is Corpus Christi so dirty?
In the study, the top five Texas beaches with the highest percentage of unsafe days are all in Nueces County, specifically the water parallel to Ocean Drive. According to the center, the main cause of contamination is fecal matter in the water due to urban runoff and sewage leaks.
Which beach has the clearest water in Texas?
Boca Chica beach
The beach with the clearest water in Texas is Boca Chica beach on South Padre Island.
Is Corpus Christi expensive?
Corpus Christi has the 15th-lowest cost of living among the nation’s top 75 cities and is the second-least-expensive in Texas, according to the online relocation resource Move.org.
Where does Corpus Christi rank in crime?
The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Corpus Christi is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Corpus Christi’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities.